1994 Buick Lesabre...heeeelllp

I've had my 1994 buick in several times to be serviced for the very same problem, over and over again, and I'm tired of parts being replaced.

My buick when you try to start it, turns over just fine, sounds like it starts but as soon as you turn the key into where it should be while running, the engine just goes completely dead, basically it stays running only long enough for a second or two after it starts before dying. I've had them do all sorts of computer tests, they said it was the passkey module, not more than one week after having the car repaired I was stranded at work and the car would not stay running. They took it in and it was a holiday weekend, by the time they looked at it, the problem mysteriously went away, and were happy to charge me another $100 for a problem they said was fixed.

I've had a host of problems with this car, around the time I started having this problem, I was driving along and the car completely lost all power, all readings and lights, literally the entire electrical system cut out then kicked back in again. Ever since I've had this car, the battery light would stay on while the car was running sometimes it would go out for days then come back on again, and I've had the alternator replaced several times (3-4 times), as they keep burning out, also around the time I started having these problems, the cruise control won't kick in, it just kicks off as soon as it's engaged.

I've done some research on the car and apparently many buick lesabres from

1994 had faulty ecms but never did a recall. What is causing my car to not remain in a running state after being started?

I would really appreciate some help from somebody, anybody, I cannot afford to continue to have parts replaced on the car and paying labor costs for parts that do not need replacing.

Thank you.

Reply to
Acru Fox

Shep

I had a similar intermittent problem with my 94 Buick Park Ave-it turned out to be the high beam switch,which is part of the ignition switch assembly-it was occasionally grounding out and putting the ECM in the failsafe mode.I think you are on to something with the cruise control switch. Good Luck,Dom

Reply to
Dom and Sue