1994 Buick park ave trunk

I have a 1994 buick park ave and the other day i opened my trunk and it was full of water where it had been raining this happed when i first bought the call and the previous owner had itr fixed but i dont
know where the water could be comming in the trunk lid is seald good could it be comming from up under the car can any body help me with this :(
Dannleo21 wrote:

I had a 10-year old Pontiac that did that. Look for signs of rust at the base of the rear glass, just forward of the trunk lid. Rust can build there, and then perforate the sheet metal.

Please... how about a little punctuation? You are the one looking for help but you make those from whom you seek the help, work to even understand what you're asking. It would be very easy to say that if you're too lazy to communicate clearly, then I guess you don't really need an answer.
You can easily check if the trunk seal is functioning properly by opening the trunk and pouring water around the rim of the trunk opening out of a pitcher. Look for obvious leak points. If there are none present, then you'll have to pull away the carpets inside the trunk and look for any rot in the trunk floor or the inner fenders. If the water is coming in from the underside, then you should find one area of the trunk to be wetter than the rest.
Have you contacted the previous owner to find out what he did to fix the problem? I wouldn't necessarily recommend the same repair technique he employed, but at least you'll get pointed to the right area in short order.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Hey, Mike, he employed the failsafe method--he sold that sucker! Seriously, these can be puzzling and aggravating. Another poster further down (IIRC) suggested what has worked for us: Lie down inside the closed trunk with a light & have someone pour water around the glass, trunk crevices, taillites, etc. You'll find it, often coming in at one place and traveling to another *drip point*. HTH & good luck, s
Dannleo21 wrote:

I had a similar problem with the 1994 Park Ave that I had. It turned out to be the wiring for the taillights were stuck between the weather stripping on the taillight and the rear trunk wall. The water would come down the side of the trunk lip and come in right behind the taillight.
HTH, Bill
Mine leaked from the rear window, ran to the passenger side, dripped onto the wheelwell, eventually rusting through it. Then it would dribble down into the spare tire well. Seems like a lot of folks here had leaky Park Avenues. Way too many.

Check these point ::
Trunklid seal pinch seal to body edge. Its glued in place.
Trunklid Spoiler mounting holes.
Trunklid Luggage Rack mounting holes.
Tail Panel caulk seams where tail panel & quarter panels are fused together.
Taillight seal on ends of quarter panels / body.
Taillight housing seal on deck lid.
Holes in Water channel around trunk opening, such as alarm pin switch locator holes. Or body seam leaks in the water channel.
Rear window leak.
45 caliber bullet hole in quarter panel ?
Have somebody run water slowly over trunklid why you lay in trunk with a light looking for drips.
Good luck
replying to Harry Face, William ONeal wrote: I had the same water problem. Drove me to frustration. Removed the complete tail light assemble. Applied new sealant to rubber gasket on light assembly. Reinstalled and the problem solved.
William ONeal wrote:

The op was not by Harry Face. Harry was responding to the original question. The original question was posted in 2005, 11 years ago. Unlikely the op still has the car. Buicks don't last that long. I used to know Harry. Have not seen a post by him in years.