1994 Buick Roadmaster

Any help appreciated
Car still in showroom condition.
Had to change my tow bar (work done at U Hall) , when they installed they clamped down on the heavy gage wire I installed to operate my winch (it is
disconnected when not in use)
When I connected it in later it shorted out and completely burned out the heavy wire and burnt the gas line in spots that were also enclosed in the chassis.
This gas line is in the chassis on the right side of the car and I think it may be a vent line as there is no gas leaking out and the car runs fine.
Were in lies the problem: After running say 3 or 4 miles I get a Gas slight odor when stopping. usually when air conditioned is on.
There is a drain line from the air conditioner that terminated where the line was damaged inside the chassis, I extended this line further back and outside the chassis.( think the smell lessened)
Question is what is this gas line ?
Where does it run from to?
Can it be repaired or does the entire line need to be replaced?
Is there something else that could cause the gas smell?
--
Cheers

E>R>P <(: o)
I probably is the vent tube to the evap cannister, this will emit fuel vapors as the fuel in the tank expands or vaporizes.

-
"" wrote: > Any help appreciated > > Car still in showroom condition. > > Had to change my tow bar (work done at U Hall) , when they > installed they > clamped down on the heavy gage wire I installed to operate my > winch (it is > disconnected when not in use) > > When I connected it in later it shorted out and completely > burned out the > heavy wire and burnt the gas line in spots that were also > enclosed in the > chassis. > > This gas line is in the chassis on the right side of the car > and I think it > may be a vent line as there is no gas leaking out and the car > runs fine. > > Were in lies the problem: > After running say 3 or 4 miles I get a Gas slight odor when > stopping. > usually when air conditioned is on. > > There is a drain line from the air conditioner that terminated > where the > line was damaged inside the chassis, I extended this line > further back and > outside the chassis.( think the smell lessened) > > Question is what is this gas line ? > > Where does it run from to? > > Can it be repaired or does the entire line need to be > replaced? > > Is there something else that could cause the gas smell? > > > > -- > Cheers > > E>R>P <(: o)
I think on this car there are 3 metal lines that run together.The biggest line is the fuel supply line to the motor the next smaller line is the return line from the motor to the tank and the smallest line is a vent line from the tank to the purge vavle under the hood which in turn runs from the vavle to the motor.
If there is no gas running from the line with motor running then its possible its just the vent line which can be repaired with fuel hose (1/4 inch I think it is) being no gas or pressure is in this line only fumes from the tank.
Hope this helps some.