1994 Cadillac codes

My 1994 Cadillac DeVille with 4.9 liter engine had the check engine light come on.
I checked computer for codes and it came back PO39 and PO41. Both of these
are power train/transmission codes from what I can find, but what I would like to know is if some of you technicians and guru's could give me a little insight into what exactly could be causing these codes and what to look for.
In other words, if this car came into your shop, where would you start and what would you be looking for?
Thanks in advance, really appreciate the help.
P039 indicates a TCC engagement problem.
"P039 sets when the engine rpm is greater than rpm fault as indicated by the "TCC Applied Test Table," found in the above image, for more than 5 seconds."
The image they refer to is a chart than looks like this: MPH - RPM NO SLIP - RPM FAULT 40 - 1090 - 1450 48 - 1300 - 1700 56 - 1500 - 1950 64 - 1700 - 2175 72 - 2000 - 2500 80 - 2200 - 2675
P041 is "No cam sensor signal"
"No camshaft position sensor pulse received by the PCM for 5.3 seconds."
There is a flow chart on how to check this I could e-mail you, in PDF form. An educated guess may be that the cam position sensor is bad, causing both codes to set.
Steve

Thanks Steve, this helps a lot. Really appreciate the reply. You can send the PDF file if you find the time.
Bob...