1994 cavalier emergency brake problem

Hello
The emergency brake in my car won't stay down. It keeps popping up, not far enough to make a difference, but far enough for the light to come on. Is
there a way to fix this easily, or should I just use a bungee cord to hold it in place?
Thanks
Duct Tape ;).

2002 GMC Sonoma ZQ8 SLS Step-Side Extended Cab - 4.3L Vortec / 4L60E