1994 Cavalier RS not shifting

The car in question will start up normal and will shift into first gear and then second gear with no problems. However, when it comes to shifting into anything beyond 2nd (I'm kinda ignorant about this car since it's not mine and all I've ever owned are foreign cars). The car won't go above 35mph. Basically the rpms just keep going up once it hits 2nd and they don't go down unless you stop or let off the gas. I've tried the 'unplugging of the torque converter solenoid' to see what would happen, but nothing changed. Any advice greatly appreciated. Pretty much my thought is that the torque converter is on its way out. Again, thanks in advance for any advice.

Reply to
jnyby78

Cheapest thing I would start with would be to replace the solenoid packs in transmission!

Good Luck!

Reply to
Chazg32