1994 Chevy Corsica - no interior lights

My old mechanic (before he moved) said he thinks he traced the problem of this car having no interior lights back to some sort of interior control box. The dealer lists the only box of this type as being the
"multi-function alarm module" which would also affect things such as the dinging when you open the door. However, when you open the door, the car still does ding leading me to believe it's not this module. If I purchase this item, it's non-returnable so I'd rather get a second opinion before spending money on something that can't be returned.
-GV
I honestly can't answer that question as the interior lights have not worked since taking ownership of the vehicle. I just wish the damn dealer would allow us to return the thing if it doesn't fix the problem.

-GV