1994 geo metro

I have a geo that spray tranny fluid every time you put it in gear. Not the lines check that. Coming from front of tranny. Front seal? Breather? With these cars and front wheel drive do I have to take the whole motor
out to fix? Never worked on compact front wheel drive before.
If the trans is leaking at the bellhousing area it has to come out, need a lift, engine holding rig, trans jack, ordinarily this is not a "dyer" type job.

-