1994 GM SAFARI VAN !! HELP !!

Hi there everyone. I'm new here so if I sound overwhelmed please forgive me. I have a 1994 GM Safari Van that sometimes chugs like it's not getting any fuel and then it quits. It has also overheated. Last night at 7 pm I drove it 60 yards chugging and stopped at home. I tried restarting it this morning with no luck. Chugged at first and now it's just the starter going..... Any help? I just had a baby 4 weeks ago and I need my van working!

Thanks!

Reply to
bradrose

If it's not getting any fuel it is likely either a fuel filter of pump. A filter is very easy and inexpemsive to replace. Replacing the fuel pump may be more difficult. You may have to take the gas tank off to replace the fuel pump.

You may also wan to check to make sure it has gas. I had a Jeep that I thought needed a new fuel pump. When i tried to take the tank off it was too light. Turns out it was just the gauge that was going out, and I had just ran out of Gas.

bradrose wrote:

Reply to
Ohio Chem