1994 Park Ave. Ultra - rough running/lost power

It has 120,000 miles with no problems until now. the engine is running rough and when accelerating, the engine sputters. when cruising at highway speed (60mph) in 4th gear, as soon as the engine has the slightest bit of
load on it, for instance going up a slight incline, the car begins to shudder and lose power, almost like it's missing. If I shift down to 3rd gear, things get better, but it still seems to lack power. Any ideas? I'm praying that it's something simple like plug wires or a clogged fuel filter, but I have a bad feeling it's something much more serious. I've had the problem for a while, but haven't seem any drop in mileage. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Might be something not so bad like a bad coil.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~282,025 miles_~_~_
P&J Dell'Anno wrote in alt.autos.gm

Dirty fuel filter, weak fuel pump would be my first guess.
--
Dick #1349
P&J Dell'Anno wrote in alt.autos.gm

I should also have mentioned that it is time for your 120K service, which includes new plugs and wires. And having those worn out will cause the problems you mention. Start by replacing plugs and plug wires, along with fuel filter and air filter.
--
Dick #1349
Sounds like secondary ignition. Check plugs, wires, coils.