1994 Saturn Idle Problem

I've got a 1994 Saturn SL2 Twin Cam and it has started ideling fast when I slow down at stop lights/signs, it races up to around 2500 rpms and after about 10 seconds it finally realizes that I'm stopped and the the
idle speed falls to 1000 rpms or less like it should be. Anyone know what might be causing this?