1995 3.4L DOHC PCM (was: Cylinder No.5 not firing)

So I found out why cylinder number 5 wasn't firing and I temporarily fixed by soldering a new leg onto the number 5 injector driver transistor. I need
a permanent solution. Electronic stores can't seem to cross reference the number, junk yards are telling me $100 weather the PCM works or not and the dealership won't sell units that have been replaced. I have a local garage keeping an eye out for one, I just have to pay the $10 they get for the core, but that could take a while.
What can I do? Anyone know of a suitable replacement?
9707 T(arrow pointing down with line under it)R9502 <---- I'm assuming this is the date code A 3M
Steve
Through some internet research I just found out that this transistor I'm looking for is a Metal-Oxide, Single-Gate transistor. Does this help anyone help me?
Steve

More research has shown me that the "T(arrow pointing down with line under it)R" is actually "I(diode symbol)R", standing for International Rectifier, the manufacturer. Now I'm a little closer.
Steve

Just got off the phone with IR, the part number is not in their system. They told me it must be a custom OEM component, figures. He gave me the tech support line phone number for Delco-Remy, I hope they are the people that made this PCM. Anyone know?
Steve
Steve Mackie wrote:

What you have is a house numbered transistor. there will be no listed cross. What you need to to is ID if its a PNP, NPN or a Mosfet. Then what type of package its in. A transistor substitution manual will be of help trying to ID the package type. From that information, someone can try to make a guestimate cross. If this drives the coil directly, it will be a higher current device. I am not sure in your case if it does.
A DVM ohm meter with a diode check function will be of help in the ID.
Bob
-

Thanks for the advice. I have determined that it is an N-Channel MOSFET in a TO220 case.
Steve
Steve Mackie wrote:

for power supply switchers.
-

What about an IRF3707? That is the one that I selected before we started this conversation. http://ec.irf.com/v6/en/US/adirect/ir?cmd tProductDetailFrame&productID=IRF3707:
Steve
Steve Mackie wrote:

http://ec.irf.com/v6/en/US/adirect/ir?cmd tProductDetailFrame&productID=IRF3707:
http://www.irf.com/product-info/auto/ignition.html
http://www.irf.com/product-info/auto/fuelinjector.html
Bob
-

No I haven't seen those. Never saw that page on the IR website. Thanks. How do I know for sure which one is best for me? If I find a good replacement I will replace all 6 drivers. If I just measure the resistance of my injector coils and then select one that way?
Steve
Nevermind, there are only 2 to choose from apparently. The IRLZ44N and the IRLZ44NV, and it appears the IRLZ44NV doesn't exist, so there is only one choice.
Steve