1995 4T60E Harsh 1-2 shift

My 1995 Monte Carlo Z34 w/3.4L DOHC V6 and the 4T60E has an extremely harsh 1-2 upshift when cold. I mean, it is fun at times, at WOT in the mornings driving down the street it'll chirp between 1-2, which is quite intimidating
to the posers that live in my neighbourhood.
Anyway, when it's REALLY cold it sometimes sticks in neutral between 1st and 2nd for a second or two, then slams into 2nd, but most times it's just a really harsh shift, only when cold.
Where should I start looking for problems?
Steve
On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 16:35:07 GMT, "Steve Mackie"

The funny thing is that the harsh shifting is better for the clutch packs than a completely smooth shift, as there is less wear. However, it is a programming issue regarding the slipping into neutral, and you would want to see either someone with a programming tool or you local Goodwrench dealer.
Vuarra

harsh
intimidating
and
some neuron misfiring. <G>

Hope your spoofing your IP

Or on dialup....which I believe to be true....
I'd say trans has some dirt / varnish. Go to synthetic fluid, and a fresh filter. Various trans tonics exist, but the one cure in a can I've found is synthetic trans fluid. It may take a couple change outs to get full benefit.