1995 Buick LeSabre - Engine Oil Leak

I have a 1995 Buick LeSable (3.8) that has developed an engine oil leak. The leak is a steady drip, 1 drip about every 4-5 seconds, that runs off of the oil filter. It only leaks when the engine is running. I checked the oil filter gasket and it was fine. I suspected the oil filter adapter gasket, as the oil seems to run down the edge of that gasket, so I replaced it. The leak continues. I suspect the only other possibilities are the front crankshaft seal or timing cover gasket. Is this type of leak typical for this engine? What normally causes this leak?

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steve J