1995 Buick LeSabre - Oil Leak

I have a 1995 Buick LeSable (3.8) that has an engine oil leak. It leaks any time the engine is running (whether hot or cold) and leaks at a rate of a
drip every 4 seconds or so. The oil drips off of the oil filter, but appears to be running down the oil filter adapter gasket from someplace higher up. I changed the oil filter adapter gasket and that did not help change the rate of oil leaking. Any ideas where this oil could be coming from?
Thanks, Steve
Steve J wrote:

There is a small oil passage in the engine block above that area. I've seen leaks from this area. Usually the plug that blocks the passage is loose.
This may/may not be the problem.
Ian