1995 Buick LeSabre - Oil Leak

I have a 1995 Buick LeSable (3.8) that has an engine oil leak. It leaks any time the engine is running (whether hot or cold) and leaks at a rate of a drip every 4 seconds or so. The oil drips off of the oil filter, but appears to be running down the oil filter adapter gasket from someplace higher up. I changed the oil filter adapter gasket and that did not help change the rate of oil leaking. Any ideas where this oil could be coming from?

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Steve J

There is a small oil passage in the engine block above that area. I've seen leaks from this area. Usually the plug that blocks the passage is loose.

This may/may not be the problem.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai