1995 Buick Skylark Power Window Module

I have a 95 Buick Skylark that has a problem with the RH and LH Front Windows. What happens is when I use the LH Front window down switch the window will move down about a 3/4 inch then stop. Whats wierd is the RH Front Window will do the same thing. When I reverse the switches to the up postion the windows will move about a 1/4 up then stop. They will not move again until about a minute later when the will move about another 1/4 inch when the same thing happens. WTH?

Anyway I first thought the window motors might be bad.... but both of them? I pulled the door panel on the drivers side front and read the contact to the motor When the switch was depressed I received 12VDC to the Brown Wire contact initially but it will drop out after a few seconds. I found the Power Window Module under the dash just right of the fuse block. I pulled the cover off and examined the K-1 relay inside. I have current accross the coil during express down because it pulls the contacts and holds for the 30 secs.

So on appearence it seems to be working..... however it doesn't make sense that the voltage will drop out at the contact like that. If I had a ground or an open I would not get 12VDC period. Anyone got any ideas or had this problem? I figured I would replace the moule anyway just to see what happens however, GM doesn't make that Power Window Module anymore or so the dealer here says, and I cant find an after market sub. Guess I will try Pull-A-Part Thanks..... Gas

Reply to
Gas Pipe via CarKB.com

It sounds to me as though the circuitry is sensing high current draw and disconnecting power to the motor as it should when the motor stalls out.

Have you tried lubricating/cleaning/aligning the window channels (silicon lubricant perhaps) and the levers/rollers inside the door?

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Agreed, my monte does the same thing. The rollers on the window arms are worn out on the drivers side so my circuit breaker trips every now and again. Takes a minute for it to come back on. But then again, it could also be a switch problem.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie