1995 chevy blazer

I was wondering if anyone would have any idea on what to look for with this problem I have with this vehicle. 1995 Chevy S10 blazer. While driving down the road vehicle was running great, had just changed
spark plug wires, and spark plugs, when it just shut off, put into neutral, and tried starting it, but would not start. Has never done this before. We are traveling at this time, so hubby thought it was the coil pack, so we had changed this along the highway hoping that was the problem but that was not it. Would anyone else have any idea what to look for, we checked all the fuses and they are good. It has been kind of hard to start lately, but other than that it run great. Thanks, for any info. Carol
--
Save Money on Oil Changes!
Dave & Carolyn Yoder

-
It will crank and try to start.
> >I was wondering if anyone would have any idea on what to look for with this

fuses
News==----
Newsgroups
=----
dnysis wrote:

When you turn the key to the ON position do you hear the fuel pump turn on? Remove the fill cap and listen for a whine. If it has been hard to start and now it won't start I'd bet the pump has failed. You MAY be able to get it going again if you give it a sharp wack on the bottom of the tank. BUT DON'T TRUST IT EVEN IF THAT WORKS.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

make sure to have your shop check the fule pressure if your vehicle is kind enough to exhibit the symptoms at the shop. Reason being, some of these dumped fuel from the fuel pressure regulator-possibly flooding it out, causing it to stall. Hopefully they won't jump right to a pump as this may or may not be the problem. Lastly-it's possible to be fifty other things-good lucl! later jp
dnysis wrote:

If you can here the pump have it pressure tested before you go and buy a new one. No sense in replacing a possible good pump. There are a LOT of other items that can cause the same problem.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York
> > Yes, you can hear the fuel pump whine but someone told us today, that does

Well we changed the pump and it started right up, but now it will not idle right, but it runs fine until you stop. It was not like this before it quite running. Check engine light is not on, can I still get someone to tell me what it is bye putting it on a machine, even though the check engine light is not on? Thanks everyone for your help. Carol
dnysis wrote:

Drive it a while and see if the light comes on. What does it do when you stop?
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York
> > does
dnysis wrote: It just has a really bad idle,sounding almost like there is a exhaust leak and really bad smell of gas. We also changed the fuel module, first thinking that was it. It started right up this morning, before changing fuel filter I would have to push the gas peddle down a couple of times to start, but didn't have to this morning
Carol
The gas smell is not a good thing. First check ALL the fuel lines for a leak. They can rust just enough that moving them causes a leak. If you find it there good.
BUT It sounds like you may need to open the intake plenum and see if the lines in there have broken (not uncommon) and check the pressure regulator and injector spider for leaks. The good news is that if your careful taking the top off the plenum you won't need a new gasket so you can put it back together If the parts check out OK. When you open the plenum a leak is easy to spot, just look for an area that is washed clean of crud. The intake only carries air so ANY gas is a bad sign. BUT it isn't a hard repair. If you need the parts take a look at http://www.lindertech.com/reconinj.htm They have a "fuel nut" kit (fuel lines into the intake) and the rebuilt injector assemblies.
--
Steve W.

Save Money on Oil Changes! http://www.da-carlubricants.com

Thanks for all your information on our problem with blazer. Husband changed coil pack, and fuel pump. It was the fuel pump, because we had no fuel pressure, but I just had it to the garage and he checked the spider, and that is causing it to smell of gas an idle really bad. So now all we have to do is come up with the money to get it. Hubby is going to replace it himself. Garage said it was not that difficult to replace. Is there any tricks that you know of when replacing this? I guess they always say things come in 3's, I'm beginning to believe that. Thanks again, Carol
dnysis wrote:

No problem, Been through this on a few of my own Blazers. The only real trick is to replace the spider AND the fuel nut kit (plastic fuel lines that go from the back of the intake plenum to the spider) and make SURE all the poppet clips are seated properly. Also while you have it apart pull the EGR and clean it and install a screened gasket to prevent another known problem. The site I listed has a real nice complete kit that includes the parts and gaskets for a GREAT price. Once it is all back together change the oil. All that extra fuel will end up in the crankcase and can cause you problems.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Good to hear!
That was a great truck....
http://www.perfectreign.com/stuff/jimmy_sm.jpg
...if a bit small.
I have my midsize Avalanche now...
http://www.perfectreign.com/files/images/DSCF13651_0.preview.JPG
...need something full-size, though.
On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:56:24 +0000, dnysis rebooted the Etch-A-Sketch and scribbled:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/t559014-fuel_injector_spider_how_to.html
I just saw that.
I'd suggest not smoking while doing it. :P

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:33:49 +0000, dnysis wrote:

What's the smell out of the tailpipe? Any carbon? I'm assuming you ahve the CPI injectors and the 4.3 engine? When were they last replaced?
I had a '95 Jimmy for 150K miles, so here's what I'd check:
1. EGR valve. Sometimes this gets stuck and/or clogged. Pretty easy to fix.
2. Injectors. You'll have to see someone to check your injectors.
3. O2 Sensor. Even if the injectors are not bad, your O2 sensor may be. This could cause starting issues.
4. Starter. The starter is placed way behind the front wheel well, AFAIK. the soldenoid sometimes goes FUBAR.
5. Fuel pump. It is in the fuel tank and a bitch to replace. However, there are codes you can scan for it.
HTH!
www.perfectreign.com

making the impossible happen
> > other than that it run great.

years ago replaced 2-O2 sensors. Don't understand why it worked fine up until it just stopped on us on a trip to Ohio, wouldn't start and was not getting fuel so that is why we changed the fuel pump, so don't think it would be the injectors. yes it is a 4.3