1995 chevy lumina

the car runs fine when I first take off and when my automatic trans shifts to second. When I go a little bit faster and it attemps to shift to third the engine bogs down. If I slow down again the car runs fine. Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be?

Reply to
jackge

Not enough gas. Not enough air. Too much exhaust.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Does it idle ok? Probably not it, but have you put some fuel injectro cleaner in it, like a whole bottle or 2? Weird, maybe some kind of transmission sensor? Maybe call a tranny replacement shop and ask? Maybe call a dealers service department or parts department, I have talked to one dealers parts dep't guy, and he was KNOWLEDGEABLE.

Reply to
funkfreedom

I'd like to shake that guys hand, he's one in a million.

Reply to
Steve Mackie

I'd like to shake that guys hand, he's one in a million.

------> He knew ALOT, and told me ALOT about Nissan p-up's, i had an '87 and put over 250,000 miles on it, bought it new with about 400 or 600 miles on it.

That truck was ABSOLUTELY unbelievable.

NOTHING went wrong with it until 110,000 miles, and it was a headlight, then within about 3 or 400 miles, the other headlight went.

A fuel injector did go at 60,000 miles, but that was within warranty, so it cost me nothing.

That truck was a GEM Jerry, a gem !

Reply to
funkfreedom