1995 Corsica coolant leak

I'm trying to diagnose a coolant leak on a 1995 Chevy Corsica V6. Just below where the two heater hoses enter the firewall, there is a rubber spigot coming out of the firewall. It sticks out maybe a couple of inches,
then bends 90 degrees to point at the ground. It's open, i.e. no valve, no cap, no hose attached. The car recently started leaking a significant amount of coolant out of this spigot (for lack of a more descriptive word). It's a steady trickle when the engine is warm.
What is this thing?? I can't find the answer online anywhere. I've never heard of a heater core having an overflow drain.
Thanks, ~kevin
The "spigot" is a drain for the HVAC system. Normally you would see rainwater that got into the system from the intake in front of the windshield. You're not so lucky what you are seeing is evidence that your heater core is leaking.
Kevin wrote:

It's not rain water. It's condensation from the A/C evaporator coil.
GMdude
Kevin,
That is a drain for the A/C evaporator. It is normal for water to drain there when the A/C is on. Are you sure it's coolant? Have you had to add any coolant? Feel the stuff that hits the ground. If it is slippery between your fingers, like oil, then it's most likely coolant. Yes, it can come out of the A/C drain tube. The heater core is mounted next to the A/C evaporator core on that car.
According to my records, your vehicle uses dex-cool coolant (Orange or pink in color). This can sometimes look clear when it's on the ground.
A more likely source for a coolant leak on your car would be the intake gaskets. The 3100 V-6 has had many problems with this. Have someone pressure test the cooling system, and look for leaks.
GMdude.
Kevin,
If you had a leak at the intake, it would be on the passenger side or driver's side of the intake. That's where the coolant passages are.
GMdude
"Kevin" wrote

The
Sounds like you have a leaking heater core. There isn't anything else in the HVAC housing that would leak antifreeze.
Ian