1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme dash indicator

I have a 1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme. I just noticed the dashboard indicator that shows that the seatbelt is not connected doesn't work. It doesn't illuminate upon starting and it won't come on when the car is running and the seatbelt is removed either. I'm pretty sure that it is only an indicator light and nothing more. I just had the ignition switch replaced to fix a stuck on "Security" light. Could something in the steering column be related to this problem? Where are the sensors for the seatbelt? My son usually drives this car so I can't be positive if it worked before the repair. I guess it isn't a major issue, I'm just curious if the repair in the steering column area could have caused this dashboard light to stop working. Thanks. Joe

Reply to
Joe

The column repair is unrelated. The switch is located in the buckle end. The light should always come on at key on, this is a bulb check position to test all the warning lights.

Reply to
squid