1995 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Exhaust Sound

Has anyone with this or a similar GM car with a 3.4 L V6 and a single exhaust pipe which splits under the rear seat into 2 pipes and has 2 mufflers right before the end of the pipe done anything to get a
"performance" sound? Like going to Flowmaster mufflers or running no mufflers or cutting off the cat and running just pipe and mufflers?
BTJustice
| Has anyone with this or a similar GM car with a 3.4 L V6 and a single | exhaust pipe which splits under the rear seat into 2 pipes and has 2 | mufflers right before the end of the pipe done anything to get a | "performance" sound? Like going to Flowmaster mufflers or running no | mufflers or cutting off the cat and running just pipe and mufflers? | | BTJustice | |
Frankly, if I had a GP, I wouldn't want to draw any added undue attention to myself by making the car overly noisy to boot. Had a 1967 GTO with Thrush glass packs a few decades back...the monotone rumble when cruising at highway speeds with that 4-11 rear in it about drove me crazy! Plus I got stopped a LOT more by the cops after I put the Thrushes on it.
I think most states have some hefty fines if you remove the catalytic converter, if they find out about it.
I'd highly recommend leaving your exhaust system stock...just my opinion.

I am not wanting to go obnoxiously loud. I just want a mild performance sound. Maybe quieter than a new Mustang GT.
BTJustice

Can't say anything about the 3.4L V6, but my GP with a 3.1L V6 has the stock "aero performance package split dual exhaust". It has a nice deep burbling rumble to it, IMO.
Buford T.,
If you find a shop that will take out the catalytic converter, then you found a shop that will not be in business very long.
There is no reason for you to cut out the cat. on a GTP. It dose not restrict the flow of exhaust. A GTP is tweaked to maximum horsepower from the factory.
If you choose to tweak the engine, your engine will have a shorter life. Pontiac squeezes every ounce of HP out of the V6's to meet the public demand. The more HP they can show the better the sales. If you squeeze it more, you are only set for trouble.
GMdude
I am starting to wonder if I could just run Flowmasters or Magnaflows and have a cool sound.
BTJustice

you
life.

I think you might be able to go to a dealer of them and hear them, I'm not positive though. Alot of people I know went with the Flowmasters because of their deep growling sound, it's really neat.
I am not sure. I am not looking to do hillbilly engineering on my car. I am just looking for a way to get a little performance sound out of it.
BTJustice

and