1995 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2 leaking coolant from firewall

My wife has a 1995 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2 liter that began slowly leaking anti-freeze a couple of days ago. This morning I went out to inspect the problem, and find where the leak was originating, and I found that
the leak was coming from a 90 degree hose junction coming out of the firewall between the two hoses used to supply the A/C unit. I found this kind of strange because I was expecting to need to replace a coolant hose, but I've inspected all of the hoses and none of them have any coolant on them. I checked the carpeting in the passenger compartment where you would expect to find moisture if the heater core were the problem, but it was dry on both the driver and passenger sides. Can someone tell me what this elbow hose junction is that is located between the two A/C hoses on the firewall, and what would cause the antifreeze to leak from this location.
Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

That's the hvac drain hose. Liquid is supposed to come out there and not drain onto your carpet. The heater core is leaking. It needs to be replaced. Get one made of copper, not aluminum. They are almost the same price.

Paul,
Thanks for the advice -- I'm not used to having a heater core that doesn't leak all over the carpet when it goes out. I guess that shows improvement in design since the last heater core I replace in an old '67 Mustang.
Tom
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Well, liquid is _supposed_ to come out there but often it does not work right and soaks the carpet instead. Its the A/C condensation drain.