1995 Regal - Security Light Stays On

The security light on the dashboard is staying on. I understand that there may be a loose wire in the ignition switch. Is this something that I can repair? Any idea what wire might be loose? The car wouldn't start once,
but now seems to start OK. Will it get to a point where I will not be able to start the car? Any help is appreciated. Joe
Most likely, the Passkey lock cylinder wires have broken on the lock cylinder. I usually just replace the lock cylinder but on one occasion when this was not an option, I was able to solder the broken wire back together. Either way, you will have to remove the lock cylinder from the steering column.
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 19:24:43 -0600, "Joe Guarino"