1995 Z71

I have 95 z71 runs great everything works fine the at any time idling or driving down the road it happens the blower cuts off the wipers cut off the shifter light cuts off my brake lights go crazy and act just the opisite of what they are suppose to do the licences plate light goes out the abs and brake light comes one when the short happens but it still runs good there has been no wiring work done to the truck so what is causing this the shop says they have no clue what is causing this HELP!! any ideas what wrong

Reply to
wildz71

First off - learn to use punctuation so people don't have to figure out what you are saying.

Sometimes I feel like a broken record with this line, but it is just very applicable, especially in older vehicles. Start by checking all of your grounds. Bad or dirty grounds will cause all sorts of weird behaviors. This could be a process, but you need to do it. I'd start by wiggling every ground you can find while the truck is idling and listen or watch for the problems to occur.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Check the ground connections between the battery and the body. If the negative cable doesn't go to the fender from the battery, then there should be a braided wire at the back of the engine, connecting it to the front of dash. If the grounds look good , loosen the bolts and retighten them. The next possibility would be the fusible links. If a '95 has links, instead of maxi fuses, they would be a group of thick red wires 6 inches long that splice into the harnesses. The links would be at the starter or at a junction box near the battery (follow the pos cable from the batt). Pull on each link to see if it's broken inside the insulation.

Reply to
johnoz19

"wildz71" wrote in news:1172709050.662277.206930 @q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

punctuation will help some of us old geezers figure out what you are trying to say........1) you say brake lights go crazy..brake warning light on dash or the ones on the rear?........2) no wiring work done? how about trailer wiring connector added at one time or another?......neither of my questions address blower motor or windshield wipers. but i had to start somewhere and also practice a little punctuation...........kjun

Reply to
Kjun

The ones in the rear and no after market wiring. The trailer wiring was done by the factory.When the short is going on you can cut the truck off and the brake lights stays on.With no keys in the ignition

Reply to
wildz71