1996 Buick Century

I have a 1996 Buick Century with electric windows. The two front windows (driver and passenger sides) will not operate at all. Does anyone know if this could possibly be a fuse or something else, like a
relay.
Thanks Bill

Could be switches, but most likely bad motors inside the doors. Not likely to be a fuse.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

The reason I think it is fuses is because of the fact that both windows don't operate. Unless the car was bought with broken power windows

That's why I suggested possibly switches. In that case, the switches in the driver's door. GM power window motors fail at a fairly high rate, so it would not surprise me for a '96 to have two bad motors.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

Well my Saturn doesn't have power windows, so I wouldn't know. lol
Mike Marlow wrote:

Since it's both windows, I go along with the "switch in the driver's door" idea.
A ground for the passenger window is carried through the driver's switch. I've had that part of the switch fail, killing both windows.
-- pj

Two of my GM cars have two windows in each not working and it is NOT the fuse. The mechanisms are crap.

a wire is either loose or gone bad

a wire is either loose or gone bad
Possibly, but not likely.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I have experienced two real cases I know for sure where the wire was broken inside the plastic cover. One was in my old buick where the wire to one the doors was broken. Another in my new toyoto hilux. After two years I had problem with the control computer and it turned out to be a known problem with the wires. They were probably too thin and they were broken in more than one place in areas were nothing was touching them. The wires were replaced and no problem since.