1996 Cavalier Horn

1996 Chevrolet Cavalier (2.2Litre).
I've read many other topics about Cavalier horns not working. I've checked the fuses, and nothing is bad there. Before I tear the fender
off, when I press the steering wheel, am I suppose to hear a clicking noise from the wheel/somewhere else? If so (because there is no noise), what would be the cause of that and how do I fix it.
I am a novice mechanic (only just did my first brake job), so extra details would be appreciated.
Thanks
The horn is located in the front passenger side of the engine compartment close to the lower right corner of the radiator. It is not uncommon for them to rust and stop working. Check for 12v on the horn connector and make sure the ground connection to the frame is good. You shouldn't have to remove any fender parts to get to it..... If you are going to play mechanic you should get a good service manual for the car such as the Helm manual and learn how a component works before diving in and tearing the car apart.....

yes, there should be a horn relay somewhere on the firewall that will click when you push the horn button on your steering wheel. they can be very quiet though, so make sure you have everything off when checking - & maybe even have a friend help listen. the relay is the most common failure part, so that'd be where you should go first. it is often on the firewall near the steering column, but can also be in a fuse panel under the hood - shouldn't be too difficult to locate.