1996 Chev C1500 hard start

1996 Chevrolet C1500/5.7
This truck will not start when cold. Starting fluid applied and truck runs great all day. Have OBDII tester that does not detect any problem. Fuel pump pressure and filter OK. Truck has
53000 miles now but only about 2000 put on in last 7 years. EGR checked OK. Ran great every time it was used until the last few days.
Bad/failing ground on fuel pump was the culprit on my '97 C2500/5.7 Solution was to solder. Near drove me nuts in diagnosing. Voltage will show at pump but most of us ground to chasis when testing. pinchee wrote: