1996 Chevy Lumina Power Window Relay

Can anyone tell me where I can find the power window relay in a 1996 Chevy Lumina v6? My son's girlfriend has this car and her powere windows don't work from any switch. I've looked at the wiring harnesses
and fuses and everything seems OK there.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Well - what do you mean by everything seems to be ok? If it were really ok then you'd find 12v present and you'd have found the switches to have been making contact such that 12 was delivered to the motors. Obviously this is not the case.
Please be more specific.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Mike Marlow wrote:

That's why I was asking where the power window relay could be found - if the relay is shot, how do you expect to find 12v anywhere???
Thanks!

You don't say if you see 12v anywhere or not. You say everything looks fine. That can mean that you have 12v present and don't know what to do next, or it can mean you stopped short of that process and are seeking help to the next step.
I don't know off the top of my head where any relay might be located for the windows but my question was intended to ferret out if it was even worth the effort of trying to find out. If you have 12v in the door then there's no point chasing down a relay. I would be more suspect of the switch mounting board (assembly) in the driver's door than I would of anything external.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

According to Mitchell, there is no power window relay, unless it goes to something else. What motor, 3.1, 3.4, 3.8?
-GV

Viper2,
There is no relay (and no fuse either - the power windows are protected by a circuit breaker in the Component Center under the dashboard on the right side above the sound panel).
The power and ground feeds for all 4 windows go through the master switch in the driver's front door. Pop that master switch loose from the door trim and check for presence of 12V (3MM sized brown wire) at the switch with the ignition switch in the "Run" position.
If you do not find 12V there, then trace back towards the main cross-car wiring harness until you find the break. If you find 12V present, check the ground wire (3MM black wire) for continuity to ground. If that checks out, you've probably got a bad master switch.
Regards, Bill Bowen Sacramento, CA
P.S. If you dive into the under dashboard area to check that circuit breaker, DO NOT disturb any wiring with yellow sleeving on it or with yellow connectors! This is wiring for the air bag system.