1996 chevy truck trouble, a 350 w/ high rpm's

when I am at a stop light my truck a 1996 Chevy with a 350 motor and over 100k will sometimes rev a few hundred rpm's on the gauge and jerk forward as
if you where giving gas. Its as if the truck was in park and your foot was on the gas and pumping it softly, revving it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what it could be?
TIA Greg
a stuck throttle on the intake maybe? Try cleaning that with some WD40 and hopefully that will fix the problem.

base-gasket. HTH, s

... see "3.1 V6 idle revisited " thread below .
--

Snag aka OSG #1
'76 FLH "Bag Lady"