1996 chevy truck trouble, a 350 w/ high rpm's

when I am at a stop light my truck a 1996 Chevy with a 350 motor and over

100k will sometimes rev a few hundred rpm's on the gauge and jerk forward as if you where giving gas. Its as if the truck was in park and your foot was on the gas and pumping it softly, revving it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what it could be?

TIA Greg

Reply to
pnsman64

a stuck throttle on the intake maybe? Try cleaning that with some WD40 and hopefully that will fix the problem.

Reply to
FBodyFreak

If its got TBI, remove the TB & replace the main tb-to-manifold base-gasket. HTH, s

Reply to
sdlomi2

It's a 96 , betcha it's got port injection . Check the idle air control ... see "3.1 V6 idle revisited " thread below .

Reply to
Snag