1996 grand prix trans cluncking

i have a 1996 3.1 grand prix .on the freeway,at around 55-60 mph,if you tip into the gas on a slight grade,the car shudders like crazy.this is the only time it
acts up.the car has 98,ooo miles on it.tcc solenoid?
Yeah, TCC Solenoid would be my guess. Besides the obvious of checking fluid level, condition and for leaks if necessary.
Any Check Engine light? Could be a misfire..
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
I'm with Robert on this .. my Olds did the same thing .. only under a load did it shudder ... new plugs, and wires, fuel filter fixed her right up (even with a broken motor mount)

tip into the gas on a slight grade,the car shudders like crazy.this is the only time it acts up.the car has 98,ooo miles on it.tcc solenoid?

Bryan,
Been there many times, seen that many times. My customers always complained of a transmission shudder. If you haven't done a tune-up in a long while, then change the plugs and wires, then go from there. Ignition misfires usually happen under a load. Part throttle at cruising speed. If you lay into the throttle, the misfire goes away. Plugs and wires installed by you, are the cheapest fix.
A dishonest mechanic will sell you a trans first, and then tell you that you need spark plugs and wires.
Last week, a friend of mine, asked me to check his daughter's '95 Grand Am. It had a misfire, and a check engine light. The mechanic he took the car to said, "You need 2 fuel injectors, spark plugs, and wires", ($600). I told him to change the plugs and wires. Grand Am's didn't have many fuel injection problems, for that year.
He changed the ignition components ($60). I reset the "check engine" light, and like magic, all his troubles were gone.
You could still have a misfire, due to a bad coil. But, if those plugs and wires are old, change them first.
GMdude
ok,i will buy new wires,seeing as the originals are still on the car,and new plugs too,i'll let you know how i make out