1996 Lesabre custom - instrument cluster swap

I would like to change th cluster in my 96 Lesabre custom over to the limited cluster I have seen in many of the same car and similar years. My reason for change is to gain the guages tach, temp, etc. The warning lights are at the top of the dash in the cars with the guage package. Can I change the cluster and top of dash over and more or less plug these in?

Reply to
parklights

As long as they are analog and not digital it should be fine. All the wiring should be there. The only gauge that might not work would be the tachometer. If it doesn't work, you would only have to add one wire.

TM

Reply to
TM

Just an FYI, even the analogue guages in the newer GM's are electronic

Reply to
Full_Name

But generally speaking, in most applications, they use a different connector altogether.

Reply to
TM

Reply to
parklights

On my car even thought I have a full gauge cluster I have duplicate red light indicators as well.

You may have to change the sending units for the Oil & Temp gauge.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~287,124 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face