1996 Lesabre custom - instrument cluster swap

I would like to change th cluster in my 96 Lesabre custom over to the limited cluster I have seen in many of the same car and similar years. My reason for change is to gain the guages tach, temp, etc. The warning lights
are at the top of the dash in the cars with the guage package. Can I change the cluster and top of dash over and more or less plug these in?
As long as they are analog and not digital it should be fine. All the wiring should be there. The only gauge that might not work would be the tachometer. If it doesn't work, you would only have to add one wire.
TM

lights
change
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 21:10:24 -0500, "TM"

Just an FYI, even the analogue guages in the newer GM's are electronic

But generally speaking, in most applications, they use a different connector altogether.
TM

the
My
Thanks for the input. What I need to know is: is the information for the guages in the harnees and the harness for the warning lights just tied up in the top of the dash like many imports? I can change the plugs if necessary providing the information for a temperaure guage for example, is in thte harness and not just a ground trigger to turn the light on. Thanks again!

years.
On my car even thought I have a full gauge cluster I have duplicate red light indicators as well.
You may have to change the sending units for the Oil & Temp gauge.
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~287,124 miles_~_~_