1996 Pontiac GrandPrix

I?m having this problem with my grandprix, when driving down the road it acts like you have shifted into neutral, the car remains running but no gears. If you stop, put he car in park and cut it off for a few seconds then restart it, pull it down into gear and it will go just fine for a few minutes then do the same thing over again. Is it the transmission or could it be the filter on the transmission??

Reply to
Wysteria_Whitewolf

Have you checked the level of the trans fluid in the trans?

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

I had the same trouble eith my truck last summer it turned out to be the transmission also when i rebuilt it the reverse drum was cracked this is a commom problem with GM they make an updated reverse durm if you are going to rebuild it replace this drum also.

Reply to
MegroeG

"" wrote: > "Wysteria_Whitewolf" wrote in > message > news:1_634976 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com... > > I'm having this problem with my grandprix, when driving down > the road > > it acts like you have shifted into neutral, the car remains > running > > but no gears. If you stop, put he car in park and cut it > off for a > > few seconds then restart it, pull it down into gear and it > will go > > just fine for a few minutes then do the same thing over > again. Is it > > the transmission or could it be the filter on the > transmission?? > >

Yes I have checked the transmission fluid and it is full. It looks brown though. I?m wondering if I change the transmission filter and fluid if it would clear the problem up?

Reply to
Wysteria_Whitewolf