1996 Pontiac Transport Door

I'd like to replace my passenger side door with one from a junk yard. I have a 1996 Pontiac Transport. Most of them at the junk yard are 1995 and older. I bought this used and the power window is missing several pieces (someone attempted to fix it and made a big mess). Would any of the older Lumina or Transport doors work in my 1996 Transport? I maybe able to get my hands on a 1995 door.

The wrecking yards have hollander interchange manuals and can tell you if it will work.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

The Hollander tells you if it is a "direct" replacement. Very often non-direct replacement parts fit with a little work - like changing a wiring connector etc - and sometimes a "direct fit: door, for instance, might have electrics that are not compatible - but that is less common.

The Hollander only listed 2 different wheels for my TransSport - and the wreckers did not have either of them so said they had no wheels to fit my van - when in fact they had a pile of a couple hundred that would fit.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Reply to
Chad Loeffler