1997 Beretta oil looks white.

There seems to be water in my engine. I guess I'll need a head gasket? Can you please tell me the steps to replace it. Thank you.

toyota wrote:

Many Berettas need head gaskets. Take off the head, replace gasket, replace head.

If your head gasket is shot, you should get white steam out of the exhaust.
If you got h2O in oil it may just need an intake gasket. Lots less work.
Get a shop manual, it will answer most of your questions.