1997 cadillac Cattera For sale Mint!!! 12000$$

I am Paul N who has posted the question about interference fit engine! Not the same person who is bashing other point of view or engine technology. Just to point that out!! Paul N

Reply to
none

"linehauler" wrote

Right....it would be very easy to prove or disprove that the main object in life for me is to say disparaging things about the Catera engine. Have a look in the newsgroup archives and see how many times I talk about the Catera motor as opposed to all the other items that I talk about.

I am an employee, but it doesn't work that way in our shop. The boss doesn't "order" me to do anything. They are actually quite glad to have me around as I'm one of the few techs who can work on a shitbox like the Catera and be both productive and do good work at the same time.

The rest of the car appears to be fairly well made, but the actual driving experience is terrible. This is just my personal opinion, as are all the things that I say about the Catera. You are welcome to take it or leave it. Anyone who actually owns and drives one of these cars quickly discovers what a shitbox they are. We have Catera owners trading them in all the time.

Why discuss something that I'm quite familiar with. I believe I've done approximately 30 of these recalls. And you've performed how many of them? What....do you think that because a "recall" is performed, everything is "all better now"? The belt and idler issue is only one of the problems with that engine.

Yes, and they will have nasty things happen too when the belt breaks or jumps. I do agree with you about Honda, I've been looking at one for my wife. Great cars.

Oh please do....it should be exciting.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Ian, how come you aren't looking for a GM car for your wife? I know that GM cars aren't the most dependable but at least you have lots of experience with them and you have access to cheaper priced parts at the dealership. Plus, if you had to choose one GM car what would it be in terms of dependablity and performance. Thanks.

Reply to
Vince Markarian

It obviously doesnt take an engineer to recognize a bad design. Should everyone bend over backwards because some "engineer" one day thinks an engine doesnt need to be easily and quickly serviced? Thats basically what your view amounts to. Lets let the engineers get off scott free and not hold "them" responsible for bad designs.

Lets hope people that work on GM cars never become as complacent as you or GM might actually become as bad as Jaguar.

Ian didnt just appear out of no where, you did.

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

"Vince Markarian" wrote

I'm actually torn between a GM car and a Honda. It's getting to the point with new vehicles that it's very hard to do a lot of the work on the vehicle unless you have access to special tools and the factory scan tools. I would prefer a GM vehicle, other then the lousy reliability. I probably would pick an Impala with a 3800 engine. I liked the Intrigues too. It would have to be 4 door, otherwise the Monte is a nice car.

I suppose I could always try a Catera....(grin)

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Ian

Are you considering a really " used " car for the wife?

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~275,726 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Ain't that the truth. I post two personal opinions on a car, and somehow I'm then "spouting bullshit."

Gotta wonder about some folks, don't you?

Reply to
Rutger6559