1997 cavalier

My girlfriend has been having troubles with her car shutting off while just driving down the road. This only happens when she is driving at a slow pace,
and when it shuts off the car sputters and acts as if she is out of gas, although the tank isn't empty. While the car is shutting off the oil and gas lights come on as well. The odd thing is we never have a problem starting the car back up. Is it the fuel filter? Is it the fuel pump? I'd appreciate it if someone could shine some kind of light on this for me.
RJHarv113 wrote:

What is the fuel rail pressure?
Have the codes pulledfrom the computer. It could be fuel pump or anything else in the car. A blocked fuel filter would starve the engine at faster speeds. The OBDII system monitors just about everything so have it analyzed with an OBDIItester..

How does it idle when first started cold? Does it idle rough when stopped? Does it stall when braking hard? Check the OBDII codes (D-shaped socket underneath the steering column fits an On Board Diagnostic reading device...available at your local GM garage.) Check also: vacuum hoses and devices. What size engine on your Cav?