1997 GMC torque-converter lockup Problems

I have a 1997 GMC Sierra with a 5.7L V8. I am experiencin g a shudder when coming out of power when climbing a hill or coming out of a powered situation. It happens like clockwork when coming over the top of a hill.
Once accelleration is applied it stops. 2 mechanics have referred to it as an issue with the torque-converter lockup. I have read a few comments online about a misfire causing this when at low rpm's, which is when this seems to happen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
A misfire typically occurs when adding power. Since your condition occurs when lifting off the gas, you lead me back in the direction of the TCC. Ignition is still possible, since when the TCC locks, the rpm's drop, effectively increasing load.