1997 Metro. Tuneup and timing belt $$?

Page 2 of 2

I don't. Nor do I know if a band new one will fail. New does not always equal good.
I can also get a flat tire, have a fuel pump fail, have all the electronics fail, have the transmission die (again), have the starter fair, water pump leak, or a radiator hose break. Not to mention the timing chain can send valves through pistons or the oil pump can wipe out the engine. At 5 years and 119,000 miles, anything can happen. I've had brand new parts fail out of the box in the past so it is always a bit of a crap shoot.
Driving is scary stuff.
Aside from all of that, I just want to keep this thing going for a few more months. I don't want to buy until January, but GM seems determined to have me do otherwise.
aarcuda wrote, "There is never a decent price on junk. ************************************* LOL !! You are the MAN!
We had a local parts house which featured GM Delco parts, which we would use for GM cars, as we considered the quality to be better--since if the car came back with a defective part we'd installed, we'd have to eat the labor. I'm not a big fan of the alternators and starters from some of the other places. Certain relays and such from Delco would weigh as much as a roll of pennies versus a similar one from the cheaper places would weigh like a book of matches. We had VERY few comebacks using Delco.