1997 SL1 electrical acted up while driving now wont start...

1997 SL1
spark plugs and wires just replaced by dealer about a month ago.
My daughter was driving to work and said the stereo went off, then the speed
odometer quit working. Having a hard time getting up to speed - said she had it floored and it hesitated but finally started working - speed odometer still not working. Now the car just clicks when you try and start it - like a dead battery. When it makes the clicking noise as your trying to start, the dome lights etc... go off and on as it clicks.
I have not had a chance to try and jump start it yet. I really don't think jump starting it (if it would even start) would solve it since it started doing this while it was running. Would an alternator cause this while it was running? Definitely some kind of electrical issue going on.
Thought. Advice?
thanks in advance.
Alternator

speed
had
like
was
Thanks all - it was what I feared - the Alt. $150ish for the new one.

The EXACT same wierd set of symptoms occured when the alternator went out on my 94 SC2.
Those symptoms aren't weird, just what happens when there is no juice anywhere. Make sure your battery is fully charged before the alternator is replaced.