1998 Buick Regal GS 3.8l V-6 Supercharged

The car is designed with a duel control temp. control system. I do not get any heat out of the driver side heater or defrost. I tried to remove the pit cock from the radiator so I could drain the radiator and flush out the
cooling system and replace the thermostat, but I could not get the plastic plug out of the bottom of the radiator. Why?

Turn counterclockwise and pull lightly. I use pliers or an adjustable wrench on mine.
Steve
Thanks Steve for the suggestion. I tried that and the little white plastic drain plug would not turn. Is there something in the heater case to split the two sides of the car?

you have to pull down on pitcock after rotating......every dual zone i have ran into w/your symptoms has came down to the control unit in the dash...havent seen your particular vintage and model tho. just impalas.....
if you get heat from one side and not the other your problem is in the heater asm not the coolant you only have one heater core