1998 chevy venture

Passenger power door will not open when button is pushed from either overhead or on side panel, there is a click like door moves to open slighty but will not open by it self.door lock on arm switch rest is working. remote is broken....door will open manually....cable is good and tight,child lock is off, fuses good and reset is like (haynes) manual says.. ....anywon?..........thanks........

Reply to
Oki Bm

I had to replace the contact plate that is in the door of my Venture. I ordered the part on line, it came with the entire harness in the door. I don't remember what the part was called, some type of switch. There is a way to cause the door ajar chime to sound a code to help you diagnose the problem, Alldata is how I found the way to diagnose my van. I don't have the Alldata subscription any longer, but for this problem a subscription is worth the money.

terry274