1998 GMC Jimmy

A couple weeks ago in the morning, for some unknown reason my battery was completely dead.

Today I noticed when I shut the car off, removed the key and got out I heard the heater blower still running. I turned the key back on and off and it quit. Its done it twice now and both times I have caught it. I think this is what drained the battery and I did not hear the blower running that day. It must of been on low speed.

Any ideas why the blower would stay on with the key off and removed?

Reply to
Tim & Linda

Greetings,

This sounds very much like a bad ignition switch that is still making contact in the "Accessory" position even after the key is removed.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Replaced that less then a year ago.

It may be time to replace the Jimmy. I hate to say it but it may be a non GM product.

Reply to
Tim & Linda

You have the typical (Jimmy/Blazer) problems. I had one, my daughter has one, and anyone else that I know that has one have had the same problems. My advice is to get rid of it. I put in three fuel pumps, the pump first pump was lifetime warranty, but the labor is not. Alternator problems, wheel bearings go bad, ignition switches, and not to mention the normal Dex-cool problems plugging up the heater core, etc. I finally switched back to the green anti-freeze. Hope you have good luck finding a replacement vehicle, when GM's out of business maybe they will wish they had made better vehicles. They were selling so many SUV's back then I think they tried to cheapen them up a little too much!

Reply to
The Adams Family

I'm with u. I bought one, and it seemed every 75,000 miles I'd have to by new tires. You'd think GM would eventually learn.

Reply to
gobroncos