1998 GMC Jimmy Child Safety Lock Stuck

My 98" GMC Jimmy has the child safety locks on the rear doors. The problem is the one on the drivers side is set to on and i can't open the door from the
outside. Do I need to pull the inside panel of to disengage the lock or is there a slim jim type of tool I can slip down the door jam and unlock the safety?
Any Assistance Would be Helpful Thanks In Advance, Curt
Curt wrote:

Pull the panel and see if the lever is actually releasing the cam in the latch. Most of the parts are hidden inside but you should be able to see the release tang for the outer handle. No real way to get in there with the panel on. You MIGHT have some luck if you shoot some Kroil or Break free in the lever area and work it some.
-

Curt, have you tried switching the control lever in that door jamb? Your post was not clear about this. s

problem
is
the
If he can't open the door, I do not think he can get to the control lever.

William, I guess it's time for me to shut up and sit down now. s

from
or
lever.
Hey, I didn't mean it like that, We all have our off days. I have never owned a vehicle with "kiddy locks" but I did rent one once. They were set "locked" from the rental agency and it was a real pain. One of the electric solenoids was sticky on the back door and half the time it would not unlock. Since I usually put test gear in the back seat, I had to resolve the same problem or get all the gear out on one side.
I sat there and flipped the lock/unlock at the driver's console until I got lucky. Then I left the "kiddy locks" set off until I took the car back and yes I reported it to the rental company.
-- William
No trees were destroyed transmitting this communiqu, however several million electrons were severely inconvenienced.

Hey William, I did not take it as derogatory at all. Conversely, I thought you were quite diplomatic and 'let me off' gently: thanks. Have a nice day, s.
sdlomi2 wrote:

William is correct. I can not open the door. I know the lock is set to the on position and the driver control does unlock the lock, the child safety is not allowing me to open it from the outside.
Thanks Everyone for your feed back C
With the child safety on you still should be able to open the door from the outside.