1998 GMC Safari

Hi, My wife has a Safari, and just recently the oil pressure gauge has started wigging out. It will drop down to the red for a second and then go back to
normal, but the needle will jiggle unsteadily. This only happens occasionally, it is not constant Is this a problem with the gauge, maybe a short? or is it a problem with the oil pump? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
--
Kevin Johnson

If the oil level is OK, I would first suspect that the oil pressure sensor is bad..
--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada