1998 Intrigue center console light

Hi all, My wife's 1998 Intrigue had the light bulb in the center console, that lights up the transmission shifter, burn out. Does anyone know how to remove the console or at least enough of it too get to the light bulb unit? Thanks for reading my post. Big Duke

Reply to
Big Duke

Open the center console lid, ensure the cupholder is open. remove the screws retaining the front floor console trim plate and remove the plate. Remove the four bolts retaining the floor shift control trim plate. Raise the plate enough to access the lamp socket, turn socket counterclockwise to release from the trim plate and remove bulb. This is from GM service info and should be accurate.

Gerald

Reply to
gStacey07