1998 Monte Carlo

Is there any thing I should be on the look out for on this car? I see that it had some injector work done on it to the tune of almost $900. This is a
clean looking car with just over 60k miles on it. The check engine soon light happens to be on too. I might add that it is sitting at the credit union and may get it for a fair price. I may also be able to contact the previous owner since I know who it was.
Is the 3.1 motor in this thing as dependable as some of the older Park Aves? Thanks in advance.