1998 Monte Carlo owners input wanted

(Sorry for the repost from last week, but there were no replies.)
With that said, is there any thing I should be on the look out for on this car? I see that
it had some injector work done on it to the tune of almost $900. This is a clean looking car with just over 60k miles on it. The check engine soon light happens to be on too. I might add that it is sitting at the credit union and may get it for a fair price. I may also be able to contact the previous owner since I know who it was.
Is the 3.1 motor in this thing as dependable as some of the older Park Aves? Thanks in advance.
Beside the check eng. lite issue, the biggest problems were leaking int. manifold gaskets, and frequent brake/rotor replacements, pull the oil filler cap off make sure the engine is not sludged up also that there is no sign of milkiness, indicative of the manifold problem.

I can live with the frequent brake/rotor replacements. I didn't think the bad 3.1's hit the scene until 1999, but ever since being burned by a 1999 3.4 Intake manifold gasket leak I have been leery. This is exactly the type of replies I am looking for! Thanks.

this
is
credit
The 3.1 intake gaskets went back to at least 95.

soon
the
Park