1998 Suburban A/C

My Son's 1998 Suburban has front and rear A/C. He said the back units work but the front blows hot air. What I would like to know is: does this system use a solenoid in the A/C coolant line or does it control the hot air by closing a duct in the air system? Or could the orfice jet be bad in the front.

He also said he was charging the system and put 1 can of 134 in it and that is when this happened, Maybe he just needs more 134. I thought the front unit would work before the rear in this case.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Reply to
ban449

With the AC on, feel the tubes entering the front of dash. If they're cold, the problem is the temp door motor not working.

Reply to
johnoz19