1998 Yukon windshield washer pump not getting voltage

the pump is ok, but isn't getting a full 12v...only gets ~7v...when I put 12v on it, it works fine...I suspect the switch on the turn signal lever assembly on the steering column, but can't seem to figure out how
to disassemble that whole deal...any suggestions? thanx

Look first for bad grounds. More voltage problems are the result of bad grounds than low voltage from the source.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Maybe I'll retract my original comment about looking for a bad ground... at least for a moment.
When you tested the pump, did you apply 12V and ground, or just 12V from the battery? If the latter, then forget the idea of looking for a bad ground. If the former then still look for a bad ground.
The switch is the type that is built into the directional signal lever, correct? That entire assembly can be removed by pulling it out. Possibly worn/dirty/corroded switch contacts?