1999 Buick Century custom - how to program the remote?

I have a 1999 buick cnetury custom.

I need to add a 3rd remote control, I purchased it from ebay, but the seller didnt give me instructions on how to program it for my car.

Somone said the instructions are in the owners manual. I lost my manual.

Does anyone know how to program the remote control?

Also, is there a way to program the control so that the car beeps when I press the unlock button?

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 beta 28 * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

Was Immer

SgtSilicon

Transmitter Programming Method 1-No Tools Required In the event that a transmitter is lost, program the old and the new transmitters into the memory of the remote control door lock receiver. Up to

4 transmitters may be programmed.

Important:

. Once entering this procedure, programming the first transmitter erases all previous transmitters. You must program all transmitters.

. Program one vehicle at a time. One transmitter could be programmed into other vehicles that are also on program mode in close proximity.

1.. Sit in the driver's seat. 2.. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder. 3.. Close all vehicle doors. 4.. Press and hold unlock on the door lock switch. 5.. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, insert and remove the ignition key twice. Do not rotate the ignition lock cylinder. 6.. Insert the ignition key a third time leaving the key in the ignition lock cylinder. The ignition must remain in the LOCK position for the rest of the procedure. 7.. Release the door lock switch. You will hear three chimes. This chime feedback indicates that transmitter programming is active. 8.. Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons at the same time on the keyless entry transmitter for 12 seconds. You will hear two chimes. This chime feedback indicates that the transmitter has been programmed successfully. 9.. Repeat step 8 for the rest of the transmitters (for a total of 4 transmitters). 10.. Exit this procedure by removing the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.

Locking Control Customization Method 1-No Tool Required

Important If the ignition switch is moved to the OFF position or any vehicle door is opened during this procedure, the remote unlock verification customization will be terminated and the system will remain in the most recent mode.

1.. Sit in the vehicle driver's seat. 2.. Close all the vehicle doors. 3.. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position. 4.. Press and HOLD the door LOCK switch to the LOCK position. 5.. Press the transmitter LOCK button. The chime will bong one to four times, equal to the current customization mode, to indicate which mode the vehicle is in. Each additional time the transmitter LOCK button is pressed, the mode number will advance. A transition past mode four will repeat starting again at mode one. 6.. Release the door LOCK switch from the LOCK position when the desired mode has been indicated by the chime. 7.. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position. Remote Lock Verification Customization

Mode Remote Lock Verification

1 Disabled 2 Horn Only 3 Headlamps Only 4 Horn and Headlamps

I don't think you can program the "unlock" function....only the "lock" function.

Hope this helps,

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Just wanted to say Thank You to shiden_kai and SgtSilicon for your help with programing a new keyless entry remote.

I just got around to doing it today. Thanks.

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 beta 28 * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

Was Immer

Glad I could help.

Reply to